Why Should Marine Galley Hoods Be Cleaned?
A clean, grease-free Marine Galley Exhaust Hood system is a matter of safety and the law. Although The National Fire Protection Association’s NFPA 96 requires regular cleaning of commercial kitchen exhaust systems it only makes good business sense to carry these standards to you Marine Vessel Galley Hood. Make sure your system is cleaned by a properly trained, qualified, and certified company or person. Cleaning must be done regularly, with the frequency determined by the type and volume of cooking. Schedule the cleaning when the Vessel comes in for USCG top side inspection for your vessel every 3 yrs. Cleaning your hood on a regular maintenance schedule prevents Galley grease fires.
Healthy Air specializes in Marine Galley Exhaust Hood Cleaning and Steam Pressure Washing. We use top of the line industrial Steam pressure washers and chemicals custom formulated for the job so it gets the job done right the first time. We clean where you can’t see.
We Clean Marine Galley Hood & Exhaust Systems to industry standards according to NFPA 96 standards.
From Large to Small Marine Galley Hood & Exhaust Steam Pressure Washing we honor our work and clean to the bare metal in order to protect your Marine Hood Exhaust system from grease fires.
We clean according to NFPA 96 standards. We protect your galley equipment and clean up after the job so your galley is ready for work after our cleanings. We clean the vent pipe duct, fans, filters, grease traps and the ansul nozzels and polish the hood when we are done. Cleaning your hood on a regular maintenance schedule prevents Galley grease fires. Every Hood is cleaned on a different frequency based on the volume of cooking.
- Clean entire exhaust hood and polish exposed stainless steel in hood interior
- All accessible areas of the Hood and vent pipes are cleaned from the deck vent opening down and from the hood up and out to Deck
- Fans are to be removed and cleaned on the inside and out
- The metal directly surrounding the deck vent opening is cleaned and rinsed to ensure grease removed from the exhaust fans is not left
- Auxiliary equipment wipe down
- Complete cleaning of floor by mopping of Galley
- Certificate of Completion provided on newly cleaned hood
- Digital before and after photos if required by client
BASIC CLEANING PROCESS
- Turn the power off to all appliances you will be cleaning above by flipping the breaker that controls them (Lock/Out Tag/Out). Unplug any appliances and move them out of the way.
- Cut out sheets of plastic to cover all appliances in the immediate vicinity. Draping plastic and the base of the hood covering appliances to protect from water, grease and debris extracted during the cleaning process and to ensure the flow is to designated containers and drains
- Remove filters for cleaning, Clean fire suppression links, pipes and nozzles
- Disassemble the parts inside the hood vent. You should be able to easily remove the guards on the inside of the hood vent. If the hood vent has an exhaust fan remove the Fan for cleaning. If any parts require tools to be removed, they are probably not intended to come out for cleaning, so clean them in place.
- Spray all surfaces inside the hood and vent pipe with chemicals custom formulated for the job so it gets the job done right the first time.
- Using the Healthy Air Duct Cleaning equipment exclusively and designed for our Marine Galley Hood Cleaning process in the inside of the vent pipe and Galley Hood. Be especially careful each seam ware vent pipe is connected is wrapped with plastic to protect from steam waste water, grease and debris extracted during the cleaning process and to ensure the flow is to designated containers and drains
- Steam clean the parts of the hood, vent filters, exhaust fan and other removed components until all greasy buildup has been removed. Rinse with clean water.
- Allow the hood vent and parts to drip dry or towel off as you clean Hood.
- Mop up the remainder of water and uncover the appliances and put them back into place. The hood vent will continue to drip overnight, so leave the breakers off.
Healthy Air Marine Galley Hood Cleaning Equipment
We offer the most advanced source removal techniques and equipment available. This high tech, state-of-the-art method is used by Healthy Air Duct Cleaning exclusively and designed for our Marine Galley Hood Cleaning process on Marine Vessels.